CIED will serve in a leadership role to implement OSU’s goal to enhance the quality of life through economic development and job creation for the citizens of Oklahoma.
CIED, chartered as the economic development arm of Oklahoma State University (OSU), is uniquely positioned to serve as a magnet to draw extensive resources from diverse business, government and university organizations, a catalyst to spur them to action and a navigator to provide direction and the promise of a destination.
By serving OSU’s commitment to economic development through sharing university “know how,” building entrepreneurial strengths and participating in regional strategic alliances that create jobs and wealth for the citizens of Oklahoma, CIED will deliver a model for Land Grant Institutions seeking to define a 21st Century role in the economies of their states to rival the significance of their 20th Century accomplishments.
To accomplish this vision, CIED will:
- Identify compelling needs and areas for economic growth in Oklahoma;
- Develop and promote a unique and authentic economic development vision;
- Identify and connect with resources in local, state, federal, foundation and university partners;
- Sponsor aggressive plans and programs with specific, measurable and achievable goals; and
- Instill a culture of dogged persistence in the measurement and evaluation of plans and programs to ensure accountability for entrusted resources.